Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Life at our house...

Well, I just thought I would write a couple of things about life at our house.

Colter started taking steps on his own this week. Monday he took a few mostly by accident. Then yesterday I would stand him up and he would take 2 or 3 toward me. Everyone would clap and cheer, which he loved so much he would keep doing it. As soon as he would get to me he would turn around and clap with us. Last night he got a horrible rash from head to toe. Poor kid is still trying to break several top teeth, but none coming through just yet. We are finally getting him to drink whole milk by mixing it with formula for now. I'm hoping that I have purchase my last cans of formula. He loves to climb the stairs, climb the cupboards, the TV stand and the bathroom stepping stools. He took his first big tumble at the Harris's on Sunday when he bolted off my lap head first into the floor and got a bloody fat lip. It's rough being a kid.

Ashley is our little sneaky one... Yesterday I asked her to go out to the garage and get in the car so we could get Brinkley to music. I come down stairs to find that she has gone out the front door and across the street to the neighbors house to play. When she's not in trouble for being sneaky... she can be such a sweet heart. Nothing ever bothers her. When she pee's in her underwear she says it's ok mom, I have more. When I take away her toy, her treats, or anything... she never cares, she just says it's ok mom, I have more. So the other day Colter accidentally poked her in the eye. She was sad and rubbing it, but she still said, it's ok mom... I have another one. I couldn't help but laugh. She has learned so many of her letters and she's loving preschool and dance. She's excited for her upcoming birthday and trying to decide what kind of party she wants to have. She loves to drive everyone crazy most of the time, but we love her!

Brinkley has been addicted to the Wii lately. We have been playing super mario. She loves to just go to the first world so that she can get to a pink Yoshi. I've played that one board at least 100 times... There are 10 other Yoshi's, but she holds out for the pink one at all cost. She's pretty good to play with as long as you let her go first. We are on the last world, which is proving really hard for us. It's volcano and lava type stuff... but she keeps us going and I'm sure we will rescue princess peach very soon :). She is also going to lose her two front teeth any day. They are really loose, but she wont wiggle them or let anyone near them. Can't wait to see that toothless grin.

Tom and I just try to keep up with them.... They all love their dad. We are planning a trip to Disney Land in April and part of me is super excited and part of me (and all of Tom) is tired already! It's going to be a lot of work, but I'm sure we will have a great time. I've been busy getting a double stroller... planning how we will fit everything in the car, making lists of what we need, etc. Yes I know it's not for 6 more weeks... but what can I say, I'm a planner. We are all very excited for spring and can't wait to get working in the yard again.

So, that's a little of life at our house right now... It's great and we wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

  1. Walking? What a big boy!!

    How did you find Ashley across the street?

    I'm glad Princess Peach will be rescued soon. I'd hate to think otherwise!

    Tom - Disneyland is awesome! You will love it. I'm sad you didn't invite us. :(

    ReplyDelete